Congregation B’nai Tikvah offers a wide variety of lifelong Jewish learning opportunities to members and the broader community. These programs are conducted in partnership with our clergy, other committees of our congregation, our neighboring faith communities, and Jewish educational and cultural organizations throughout the Bay Area. Some examples of types of programs we offer include:
- Strengthen My Heart With Courage Meditation with Rabbi Dorothy Richman on 9/15
- Lay-led Torah study on Shabbat mornings, 9am. Our Student Rabbi Sammy Kanter will lead these sessions once a month.
- Lunch & Learn, fun, interactive and informative learning sessions with Rabbi Chabon
- An occasional “tisch” by our Rabbi after Shabbat morning minyans to discuss topics from our sacred texts
- A Mussar group, which meets monthly (usually the third Sunday at 11 am), and is engaged in a variety of contemplative practices and text study to strengthen our soul traits
- Programs in cooperation with Lehrhaus Judaica, such as “Walking in the Valley of the Shadow of Death,” a program dealing with end of life issues in a Jewish context
- Interfaith education programs in cooperation with the Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County
- “The Jewish Night of Why,” a fun way to learn about why we Jews practice as we do.
We maintain a group on Facebook, called Learning at B’nai Tikvah, that provides opportunities for our members to share information about online resources and learning events in the community.