Exploring Judaism is a new series of monthly classes held via Zoom beginning in January. These classes will be open to all in our community–newbies, novices, people born Jewish and those exploring conversion. We hope you will sign up and join us!
Join Rabbi Chabon every Tuesday at 1:00 pm via zoom as we come together to study Torah.
Bring your lunch and join us for what we hope will be one of the best parts of your week. Text is sent out prior to the session.
Congregation B’nai Tikvah offers a wide variety of lifelong Jewish learning opportunities to members and the broader community. These programs are conducted in partnership with our clergy, other committees of our congregation, our neighboring faith communities, and Jewish educational and cultural organizations throughout the Bay Area. Some examples of types of programs we offer include:
- Lunch & Learn, fun, interactive and informative learning sessions with Rabbi Chabon
- An occasional “tisch” by our Rabbi after Shabbat morning minyans to discuss topics from our sacred texts
- A Mussar group, which meets monthly (usually the third Sunday at 11 am), and is engaged in a variety of contemplative practices and text study to strengthen our soul traits
- Programs in cooperation with Lehrhaus Judaica, such as “Walking in the Valley of the Shadow of Death,” a program dealing with end of life issues in a Jewish context
- Interfaith education programs in cooperation with the Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County
- “The Jewish Night of Why,” a fun way to learn about why we Jews practice as we do.
We maintain a group on Facebook, called Learning at B’nai Tikvah, that provides opportunities for our members to share information about online resources and learning events in the community.