Preparing for your Bar/Bat Mitzvah
Congregation B’nai Tikvah is delighted to celebrate this life cycle event with you and your family. We have prepared a number of resources to help you with this journey.
Bar/Bat Mitzvah Checklist
- Getting Started
- One Year Before
- 3-6 months before
- 1-2 months before
- 1-2 weeks before
- The Day Before
- The Big Day!
- Decide with your bar/bat mitzvah child how you want to celebrate this day, and what your budget will allow. Decide if you want a small kiddush or kiddush luncheon.
- Start talking to people you know who have already planned a bar or bat mitzvah for ideas and tips.
- Create a guest list. It will most likely change (as in grow!) before you actually send out the invitations but it is helpful to have an idea of how many people you plan to invite and help you to decide which venue best fits your needs.
- How many are out of town? Will they be staying with you or will they need hotel rooms?
- Do you want to send out paper invitations or electronic ones?
- Decide if you are going to plan this event on your own or if you want to use a party planner.